Tuesday, May 8, 2012

On the Other Hand...

The flip side of having house help (when you're not used to it and you don't have a job outside of the home and/or other time commitments, as is the case for me at the moment...) is that a stay-at-home-mom such as myself can suddenly find herself at loose ends because the normal work she would do during the day is already done or being done by some one else.

I do like to be productive and feel that I am contributing to our life.  I'm told my worth doesn't depend on my productivity, but a girl raised in a hard-working Mennonite community can't spend all day doing nothing.  Thankfully, I'll still be the one cooking the meals, changing diapers, feeding the baby and taking care of the toddler.


2 comments:

  1. I like feeling productive too, but I definitely daydream about someone coming to clean the house to my pre-children standard of cleanliness. I hope you're able to enjoy this season of rest!

    ReplyDelete