Monday, September 8, 2014

And So It Begins

We made this...





in preparation for this...




It's a shirt to wear to "specials" classes at school: Spanish, music and movement, etc. Basically any class where he'll have a different teacher than the ones in his classroom. We were supposed to provide a "name shirt" that he'll put on over whatever he's wearing that day, so we hit up a local thrift store where I found a navy t-shirt. It has the words "Korea rocks" on the front, so I used some scrap fabric to cover that up and then ironed on the letters. I am taking bets on how long it will be until some of those letters fall off or are pulled off. Thankfully, I have extras.

The plaid shirt underneath is a men's button down shirt that will be his paint smock. I shortened the sleeves and took off part of the collar.

All went well. He was all smiles when we walked into his classroom and all smiles when I picked him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment