Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day

Maybe I should call it a rainy snow day. We got a lot of snow overnight, but it turned to icy rain during the morning. Now it's just all-out rain. (Yuck.) I'd much rather have inches more of snow than rain on top of snow and temperatures below freezing.

But really, who am I kidding? I'm just happy we had snow before the rain. I love snow, and I love snow days. I haven't had a job in years that required me to drive when there was too much snow, so I still like it. I'm sure if I had a job where I had to go to work regardless of snow accumulation, or if it really interfered with my schedule, I'd begin to feel differently. But that's one of the great things about having been a teacher and now being at home full-time. Here's how we stayed busy today. 

Uncovering the car






Jumping on the "trampoline"




Making applesauce




Taking sunflower seeds out of a dried flower head



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, Amy! (And, a lot of kitchen clean up for you!) I like a snow day, too- at least the first one!

    ReplyDelete