Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Miscellaneous Sewing Projects

I've spent more time at my sewing machine in the past few months than I have in a long time. It's been a lot of fun and met my need for a creative outlet. However, I like to be useful and practical when it comes to sewing too. Here are a few things I've spent time sewing recently.


Tote bag made with
miscellaneous fabrics from my stash.




Small cloth napkins
I used home dec fabric from my stash.



I made a skirt for my niece last summer when she came for a visit, and this little skirt 
was for her American Girl doll. It matches my niece's skirt. 
Apparently it makes a nice hat too.



One of my cousins got married last fall, and
I wanted a new dress for the occasion, so I took the plunge and sewed one. 
It's the first dress I sewed that I feel really fits me well (thanks for the help with the fitting, Sis!). 
Unfortunately, I don't have a better picture of it. 
I'm not good at getting pictures of my completed clothing projects.
(Just ignore those water spots - it was a rainy evening.)



Pillow for Edwin's room.
I made him a duvet out of scrap fabric last year,
and this coordinates.



Cloth reversible bibs. 
She may be potty trained, but she still needs a bib.
Plastic bibs get gross, so I used old towels and fabric from my stash. 
The pattern is the reversible bib from "Growing Up Sew Liberated" by Meg McElwee. 
I love this bib pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment