Friday, July 29, 2011

Halfway Point




Today was ultrasound day.

Dan was able to be there, we hired a baby-sitter to stay with Edwin and off we went to watch this little one squirm around. I was incredibly nervous beforehand - really worried that something would be wrong. I'm not sure why I was so anxious, I just was. Then I saw that little heart beating away, and all seemed fine. I'm so thankful. And just now I felt a little kick or punch or something.

We decided to not find out the sex this time around. The ultrasound tech made sure to tell Dan when to not look at the screen because there's a good chance he could've identified the telltale parts if he'd seem them. I looked away too, just in case.

So now we get to decide on a boy name and a girl name. I have no hunch about what we might be having. Guesses?



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's always exciting to see your little baby's heart fluttering away on the ultrasound screen.... such a miracle, isn't it? Either way, boy or girl, you will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say boy, but I am consistently incorrect, so maybe it's a girl! Either way, I'm excited to hear what you decide to name this new little Hess. Any Hess is a good Hess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the way things have been going in our family, I'm going to say boy. But I would love it if you had a little girl...Hess girls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete