Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tidbits


Last weekend Dan and I finally painted the nursery, which meant we could finally start setting it up. Dan assembled crib and we moved in the other furniture (changing table & rocking chair)
I thought I'd show you a few of the items that will be in the nursery. When it's all arranged and set up, I'll post more pictures. Meanwhile, here are a few "tidbits."

This rug was originally going to be for the guest room until I realized that the colors would go perfectly with the nursery colors. So I made it larger than planned. I love it.
A little lamp I found at Goodwill. I covered the shade with fabric and ribbon that I also used in the curtains and crib skirt.An antique (or at least vintage) shelf that used to belong to my grandmother. It'll hang near the changing table.
The vintage changing table. My mother-in-law used this when Dan was a baby. We gave the baskets a new coat of paint, polished the chrome legs, and reupholstered the top. It's covered in clear plastic, hence the wavy reflection of light on the newly painted walls above it.

A plethora of photos and frames. We'll see if I get around to hanging them. This is the last thing I usually do when it comes to interior decorating. It's just not high-priority for me!

And here, a mirror, antique potty and cup that says "baby." You can see a peek of the curtain fabric in the mirror reflection.

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful, Amy- I'm glad you guys are getting set up!

    ReplyDelete