A friend asked me recently what I've been learning about myself throughout this pregnancy. It was a very timely question. I decided to post some of these things I have been realizing most recently. Some of these thoughts are not new to me, but they have been brought to my attention again. I could go in depth with each one, but I'm not feeling the motivation to do that at the moment. Plus, it would take a lot of writing. So in a nutshell...
1. I like to be in control and am having to relinquish the illusion of control related to pregnancy, labor, delivery and the health of my baby. The 4 things I am in control of are diet, exercise, sleep and attitude.
2. I really need to trust in God and the ability of my body to do what is needed to care for the baby and myself.
3. I am still a people-pleaser, and this isn't a healthy mindset at anytime - especially when pregnant.
4. I have harbored many more fears than I realized, and it is important for me to share my fears, concerns and hopes with people I trust completely and feel safe with.
5. I need to release myself from living up to anyone's expectations for how pregnancy, labor and delivery will go - including my own expectations.
6. I could use your prayers.