Friday, March 6, 2009

What's in a Name?

Tonight we had dinner at the MIAM cafeteria and got into a discussion about local names. Some of our favorites have been: Hairness, Loveness, Sameness etc. I've always liked my name and checking my email after dinner I found out that I will actually be allowed to have it printed on my med school diploma. Apparently there was a policy against first initials on diplomas (not middle initials). But now, after several trans-Atlantic emails and "a lot of deliberation and several conversations with other campuses around the system" the policy is (apparently) a thing of the past. It will read: J. Daniel Hess.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't looked at the "Rug" for some time. the pictures and stories are magnificent. We'll be praying for you as you finish up nad head home.
    Love
    R&E

    ReplyDelete