Monday, June 19, 2017

Thrifted Wall Art

 Sometimes I actually find quality artwork at thrift stores. There's a lot of faded, old, less-than-pretty artwork in old, outdated frames in thrift stores, but every now and again I find something that catches my eye. I prefer original artwork over prints, so I don't really care who painted it, but if I like the picture, and it's signed, I am much more likely to buy it.

Over the past year, I've been checking out the artwork in thrift stores and antique shops. Not too long ago, I found an old, rustic wooden frame. I didn't care for the print in the frame but decided to hang onto the frame and see if I could find something to replace it with. The other week I found a watercolor I liked in a frame I didn't like. And guess what! The painting I like fits in the frame (with the matting and all) I like. Just another fun coincidence - the kind that keeps me going back to the thrift stores and antique shops.

The rustic frame with a double matte inside...




The painting I like...





Better together...


I do think a darker matte would look better than the cream matte, but I'm happy that I didn't need to make this a bigger project. This is me practicing contentment with what I have on hand instead of feeling like I need to make something "perfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment