Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tidbits

Hello? Is anyone there? Anyone still reading this blog of ours?

I realized it's been exactly a month since my last post and figured I'd better blog about something so that anyone who is still checking wouldn't be disappointed.

But what can I tell you? There's nothing burning or brewing or waiting impatiently to be blogged about. I got a cold this week - after returning from vacation - and that pretty much put me out of commission for a couple of days. I found myself wishing Edwin still took two naps a day but was so thankful that he takes a long afternoon nap.

How about some other random tidbits?

I bought flowers and vegetables early in the week (when I could tell a cold was coming but hadn't hit yet) and have a little over half of them planted. Edwin has been my faithful helper in this. He's very good at digging in the dirt and putting that dirt in the watering can.

Some one uprooted and stole 3 of my pansies from a big flower pot that sits by our front steps. The pot itself is too big to steal, so they just pulled up the flowers instead.

I've been enjoying re-reading Keep A Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Elliot and The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. When will some one make a movie based on the The Blue Castle? They really should.

Edwin is now weaned. That's not really a tidbit, I guess. I waited to drop his last, pre-bedtime nursing until after returning from vacation. Suddenly one evening, I decided to do it. It was okay. He's been a little fussier at bedtime than he used to be, but really not much. I felt sad about ending that part of life, but I was ready to be done with it. Mostly.

I joined a Moms' group at the beginning of this school year, and am so glad that I did. I've made some really good friends though it. Being newish to this area, and then being new to stay-at-home mothering, joining a group was one of the best things I could've done. It's been nice to make some friends though my own connections and I'm enjoying having some friends who have kids similar in age to Edwin.

I've been able to see some spring wild flowers in the wooded park near our house. Violets, Spring Beauty and Mayflowers, specifically. I'm going to a friend's house later next week to walk some trails and am hoping to spy some others.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy! I'm still reading. I haven't had much to say, but it's good to hear how you and your family are doing, and to see Edwin get started growing up. Say hi to Dan and Edwin for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still reading as well. The end of this year, as is every school year, has been hectic. But I enjoy getting to hear about you all and life in Delaware. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete