Friday, December 31, 2010

Six Years

While waiting to see if Edwin falls asleep this morning, I figured I'd take some time to post. Today marks 6 years since Dan and I got married! Congratulations to us, Dan!

New Year's Eve, Friday night, 5pm on the dot (sorry for all of you who arrived a little late and had to walk in after me...punctuality is a Mennonite virtue we decided to uphold that evening).

We'd dated for 5 years, (minus a few months) and were engaged for one. Most of our dating years were spent long-distance, including 1 year on different continents where we didn't see each other for a year and a day. During those long years of dating, I remember thinking: "Someday this will all be behind us, and we'll have been married for 5 years, and this time of waiting will seem so far away." And now we've passed that point by a year, and life together seems so normal, it is strange to remember back when we weren't married, when life didn't include each other in the way it does now.

Here are a few pictures for fun.

Shock Trauma Christmas Party
2000 or 2001?

Dan visited me at college after returning from Swaziland

Fall 2003

Our engagement picture
Early 2004

Summer 2004 - Engaged
We both wore our wedding bands on our right hands instead of me wearing a diamond


Peach Pie Yumminess
Fall 2005
Wesley & Buttercup
Fall 2006

Family Wedding
Summer 2007

Motorcycling
Summer 2008

Returned from Zambia
Spring 2009

Med School Graduation
Spring 2009

New Family
Christmas 2010

4 comments:

  1. Such fun memories- I'd forgotten Dan had that long hair for a while! Congrats to you both- I have fun memories of celebrating the new year with you two in your Baltimore house a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved, loved, loved the photos! What a great documentary of your life together. I'd forgotten about Dan-o's long hair too. Congratulations on another year of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raquel - we were remembering that NYE too - hopefully we can do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey great pictures amy. cool to see some of your journey together. happy anniversary! ;)
    heather

    ReplyDelete