Friday, October 22, 2010

Grueling

Months like these are what most people think of when they hear that Dan is in residency. He's working all but 4 days of the next 4 weeks, and he puts in anywhere between 11-14 hours each day.

That means he and I see each other for just a short time at the end of the day and he may or may not see Edwin awake some days. And that means he often misses fun times like this:

Since we're sharing a car, things like grocery shopping can be a little trickier. It works alright if I take him to work or just wait until he gets home in the evening and then go to the store.

During these I-hardly-see-Dan-months, I realize how important my social life is. I have a tendency to wait for others to plan social events that I can happily attend. Dan tends to be our social-events planner, but rotations like this remind me that I need to stay on top of things and take initiative too.

It's a bit tough with only one car...but I'm trying to make it work.

I'm so thankful that Dan's schedule is only crazy for a time and then it changes and will be easier. Meanwhile, Edwin and I use the bus to take trips downtown to do some things like get library books and go to the bank, and we go on a lot of walks to the park. Have I mentioned on here how great the parks are in our neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment