Monday, June 28, 2010

"I'm... So... Blue..."

"...I'm so blue I don't know what to do!"

If you've ever watched Veggie Tales, you may have seen the episode where Madame Blueberry sings a song about being blue. She's so blue because she wants more stuff. I'm not actually feeling blue, and I don't want more stuff, I just have lots of blueberries in the house right now. And I do know what to do with all of these blueberries: freeze and eat them!

We really like blueberries, and every summer I buy a bunch of pints to freeze so we can have blueberries with our cereal over the winter. I love how the milk will freeze around the blueberries - do you know what I mean?

I was doubly excited this year to find truly local blueberries that didn't cost any more than those from New Jersey or North Carolina. There's a family-owned farm and market just north of the city that I noticed one day when driving to Edwin's doctor visit. I decided to stop there last week after the appointment because I was hoping to find some local cherries. The cherries were too expensive, but lo and behold they had lots of blueberries for a great price if I bought a certain amount. So I bought 8 pints. We decided we wanted more (I guess we are greedy like Madame Blueberry) so I bought 16 more pints over the weekend.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment