Monday, January 14, 2019

Basement Update

For those of you on the edge of your seat, wondering how my basement painting progress is going...


This is definitely an all-year project. I have about half of the basement painted by now.

Today's portion, Before:



After:


Before I paint, I scrape the walls to get any loose paint off, I vacuum it up with the shopvac and vacuum with a HEPA filter and then I wash the walls with a scrub brush and soapy water. It is a lot of prep work, but seems necessary on these old walls. This has one coat of white. I'll give it one more tomorrow and then paint the green pipe dark gray. (I follow the same routine for the floor, except I wash first, then scrape.) 



The laundry area, before


After:





Toilet stall:

(Yes, I do want to hang artwork in our basement toilet stall...)



Remaining corner of the basement to be painted. So much 
cleaning out needs to happen before I can paint, and then I plan to really organize the basement.


No comments:

Post a Comment