Thursday, January 26, 2017

Basement Stairway

When the world all around you seems to be going crazy (or at least social media is), I suggest a hands-on project to get your mind off of it. Practical work, and prayer, seem to be the best ways for me to cope with stressors in my life. Sometimes it means I clean out my clothes closet, sometimes it means I tackle an organization project. More recently, it has been a painting project (big surprise there).

I give you: The Basement Stairway!  

Before:





I have no idea how old this green paint is, but based on the dirt and dust build-up, it's old. 
It's textured: gritty and sand-like. The hooks here are nice and convenient, but 
because the basement door has glass panes, we can see the stairway. I decided last week that I was tired of looking at dirty old green paint. I took the hooks down, and the guys who are dipping and stripping our interior doors put them in the vat to get the paint off. They didn't look so great, but with a bit of spray paint, they look like new. The basement walls need painted, but that will happen in time. As always, I am so amazed what a little caulk and fresh paint can do.

After:







1 comment:

  1. ahhhh, so nice to look at! I am itching for some fresh paint around here.

    And I agree with you on the helpful, healing nature of a practical project!!

    ReplyDelete