Monday, October 1, 2012

Silver Linings

I was thinking about that old saying "every cloud has a silver lining" and how true it is for me in a couple of key ways. Here are two that have impacted me today:

Cloud 1:  Edwin and Elena are sick with colds and/or fevers.
Silver Lining:  Both (especially Edwin) are napping soundly, and I am getting a bunch of things done during nap time!

Cloud 2: Dan has meetings tonight and tomorrow night after work and won't be home until later.
Silver Lining: He'll have supper at both meetings, so I don't feel like I need to cook a nice meal tonight. This kids and I can "make do" with omelets or macaroni and cheese. Which means I can focus on some other things during nap time!


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, Amy! I find that saying especially true at home with kids- I know exactly the feeling of being let of the hook with dinner, though I'm always sad when E works late!

    ReplyDelete