Friday, August 10, 2012

Beach

We took a spontaneous day trip to Cape Henlopen last Friday. Dan worked all night and thought maybe he'd enjoy sleeping on the beach instead of at home. We packed up and were on our way an hour later. Well, he didn't get to sleep (in fact, no one in our family slept on the beach - not even Elena), but we did have a lot of fun.

Edwin absolutely loved the waves. Even when a few crashed on him or splashed him in the face, he just kept wanting more. We honestly thought he'd be afraid of them, but I'm glad he wasn't. It meant we had to stick close to him, or hold him, but I'm glad he was excited about the water.



Elena enjoyed exploring the sand. She can kind of crawl backwards, so no matter where I sat her on a towel, she inevitably made her way off of it into the sand. By the end of the day I didn't even worry about how much sand was on her. She even took a few nose dives into the sand, but she didn't seem to mind that too much.











Dan and I both came back with some sunburn, but thankfully the kids didn't. I've decided I really should just get a swim shirt like what you see kids wearing now.  I fry in the sun, so what's the point of baring so much skin? (Since writing this post, I purchased a rashguard, so the next time I spend a day at the beach, I'll be the one who looks like she should be surfing.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you and Elena smiling at each other!

    ReplyDelete