Thursday, February 16, 2012

Double Duty


Believe it or not, I've been spending a lot of my time at my sewing machine over the past 2 months.

It looks like this:



When Edwin was little I didn't bother with a changing station on the first floor. I just counted my
many trips up and down the steps as exercise. With two kids in diapers, however, I knew it was time to set something up. I discovered that the sewing machine desk is the perfect height and size for changing Elena.


I did, however, unearth the sewing machine last week, and I began sewing the top of a comforter for Edwin's bed. It might actually become a duvet cover, but I haven't quite decided on that. We already have a lot of comforters and quilts (and I have a feeling we will acquire more over the years what with Dan's mom being an expert quilter), so I thought I might make something a little different. I got hooked on down comforters after spending some time in Germany, and I figure we'll have some on hand for the children's beds most likely.

So the sewing machine is doing double duty these days. It's definitely earning its keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment