Friday, September 23, 2011

Priorities

I am always excited when I check a friend's blog and there's a new post. ("Oh, goody, I get to read more about what so-and-so is doing/feeling/thinking.") Then I feel just a bit guilty that I haven't posted lately, and I imagine your disappointment when you click on my blog and see the same post you saw the last 5 times you checked.

For whatever reason, nesting has taken the form of sewing projects lately. I'm going to chalk it up to nesting anyway. I've had a list for a while, and now that the weather is cooler, I've got more motivation to get these things done. (And although I want to post about these things at some point, that part hasn't really taken a priority b/c it means I need to take time to take a picture and then load that picture onto the computer.)

My problem seems to be in prioritizing my projects. I have about 4 projects going simultaneously (no, make that 5 - I just remembered another), and they vary in length of time needed in one sitting to accomplish something. So I choose my project based on how much time I have. But sometimes I don't choose the project that would best fit the time I have. Instead, I just go to whatever I feel like working on. That's partly how I have 5 simultaneous projects. And this leads to the current rush, rush, rush feeling I've had the past few days. I know it's not healthy.

I don't think I have much time today to work on any today. Cleaning the house and cooking supper for some guests have taken over most of the day.

I have to slow down a bit, breath, relax a little more during Edwin's naptime and realize that I will get the things done that need to be done.

Happy weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean about that happy, guilty feeling, Amy! It's always fun to "hear" from your family!

    ReplyDelete