Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peachy Keen

I love peaches. They are hands-down my favorite fruit. I love them fresh, in smoothies, on top of my cereal, in hot fruit sauce on pancakes, home-canned, and I'd probably like them dried, but I haven't tried them that way. (Interestingly enough, I'm not crazy about any peach ice cream I've tried so far. My theory: fresh, in-season peaches have not been used.)

Oh, and I love them in pie. Peaches are my favorite fruit, and peach pie is definitely my favorite pie. But only if the peaches used are fresh and in season - not frozen or canned.

My mom passed on a tradition to my sister and I: the "annual peach pie." My version usually includes more than one peach pie because I enjoy them so much. You can bet I've already made 2 peach pies and there's a good chance I'll be making a third before the season is finished.

I'll be sad when peach season is over, but I'll have had my fill of peaches - until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum...how do you keep from eating all of it while Dan's at work?

    ReplyDelete