Sunday, January 24, 2010

Latest Sewing Projects

We finally got our camera fixed, so I took some pictures of my latest sewing projects. The first is a diaper bag for my cousin. It's in the same style as the one I made for my sister-in-law and for myself. However, I increased the size by 1/2 inch all the way around, so it's a bit roomier.

What are those yellow things, you ask? Why, they're diapers. Cloth diapers. I've been experimenting with sewing fitted cloth diapers. And the cousin I made this bag for has agreed to test them out on her baby. I ordered a pattern I found online and have been playing around with it. At this point, once I have the fabric and supplies cut out, I can sew a diaper in 3o minutes. And I'm enjoying it! I wasn't sure if it would be fun or not, but the diapers are so cute, I'm excited after finishing each one.

My main concern is that I don't know how well they work. So I'm hesitant to invest too much time in making too many. I've selected a couple of different fabrics for the interior lining, so I will be able to see which I like the best. For most of them, they are made out of non-waterproof fabric, so a waterproof cover will be necessary. The yellow ones above, however, are made with waterproof nylon. Time will tell if they really are waterproof.

And here are a few pictures of the non-waterproof ones. I'll let you know how/if they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment